- With sophisticated Ambarella AI Computer Vision Processor, Nextbase iQ offers extraordinary onboard intelligence
- Nextbase iQ Named Best of CES 2022 and TIME Best Inventions for 2022
- On sale this spring, Nextbase iQ will start under $500, making any vehicle safer, smarter, and more secure
Today, Nextbase — the world’s leading dash cam brand — announced that the forthcoming Nextbase iQ will be powered exclusively by T-Mobile in North America.
T-Mobile will deliver IoT connectivity for Nextbase iQ devices across the U.S. and Canada — enabling near real-time video and notifications, as well as over-the-air updates that will offer additional features throughout the life of the device.
Incorporating a bespoke Ambarella AI Computer Vision Processor — the most powerful processor ever featured in a dash cam — the Nextbase iQ will be available this spring with pricing starting under $500. Dedicated Nextbase service subscriptions will start under $10 per month.
Unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in 2022 — the Nextbase iQ was named Best of CES 2022 by Wirecutter, Rolling Stone, and Android Authority, and was also recently selected as one of TIME’s Best Inventions for 2022 — recognizing it as much more than a dash cam, putting smart vehicle security, driver safety, driver assistance and remote functionality within reach of vehicle owners almost anywhere in the world.
By combining as many as three cameras (up to 4K resolution) that embrace the latest AI-powered technology, with out-of-the-box connectivity from T-Mobile — along with remote access from almost anywhere in the world through the Nextbase iQ app — vehicle owners can benefit from remote driver safety and vehicle security capabilities, such as live video and audio access and push notifications, whether they are behind the wheel or away from their vehicle. With the reach and reliability of the T-Mobile network, car owners will have access to lifesaving, connected features such as Witness Mode and Emergency SOS. Nextbase iQ’s Smart Sense Parking — featuring unique proximity-sensing Spatial Awareness technology that detects events such as break-ins or vandalism before they happen — and T-Mobile connectivity power push notifications that can help give owners the opportunity to monitor and intervene when away from the vehicle.
Additionally, with over-the-air updates powered by the MyNextbase Cloud, T-Mobile, and the powerful and sophisticated Ambarella AI Computer Vision Processor, the Nextbase iQ will continue to advance with additional features being added throughout the life of the product. These include capabilities such as AI-powered Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) features, Driver Monitoring Systems (DMS), Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) communication and community incident awareness.
Richard Browning, Chief Marketing and Sales Officer for Nextbase, said:
“Nextbase iQ is much more than the world’s best dash cam — it is the first-ever aftermarket connected car platform, and our relationships with T-Mobile for IoT connectivity, and Ambarella for AI processing power, are critical components to fulfilling the full potential of this technology.”
“With roads statistically becoming less safe, vehicles less secure, longer vehicle ownership cycles and new car costs increasing, there is a real need for a product that delivers next-generation vehicle safety and security features to all drivers — not just those who can afford the very latest premium vehicles.”
“The cost of entry into new car innovation is high and together with Nextbase, we have a huge opportunity to level the playing field for owners of any vehicle, of any age, model or spec,” said Dan Thygesen, Senior Vice President of T-Mobile Wholesale and head of T-Mobile’s growing wholesale business.
“Everyone deserves this level of safety and security and we’re thrilled to have the opportunity to put our network behind the Nextbase iQ for the greater good.”
Nextbase iQ features will include:
- 4K, tri-cam infrared video system offers both the highest quality Dash Cam recording quality and dedicated vehicle security recording, to help ensure both the driver and vehicle are protected at all times, capturing the finest detail when it matters most.
- Smart Sense Parking powered by Nextbase proximity-sensing Spatial Awareness Technology, anticipates and records exactly what happens leading up to and during a parking incident or break in, and notifies the vehicle owner anywhere in the world to view the recording and take action.
- Witness Mode offers voice-activated hands-free recording, cloud upload, and live stream sharing to an emergency contact, to provide safe and secure video evidence for when drivers feel most vulnerable.
- Guardian Mode allows the setting of triggers to alert the device owner to certain conditions when the vehicle is not in their possession, such as when being valet parked, left at the workshop for service, or loaned to another driver such as a child or colleague. Upon trigger, Nextbase iQ saves the video of what happened and makes it available for remote viewing.
- Emergency SOS (ESOS) automatically dispatches Emergency Services, supplying location and other critical details following a serious incident.
- Live view access anytime, anywhere gives users the opportunity to connect and view their vehicle in real time.
- AI Powered Vehicle Aware provides classification and monitoring of other vehicles’ speeds and distances to add crucial data points following an incident.
- Tracking with a built-in ultra-accurate GPS location beacon and synchronized video.
- DriverAware (DMS) features smart driver monitoring system to combat distracted and/or drowsy driving.*
- VehicleAware (ADAS), an advanced driver assistance system, monitors the road and cars in front, warning drivers of vehicle and pedestrian danger.*
The post Nextbase Names T-Mobile as Exclusive North American Connectivity Provider for Nextbase iQ, World’s First Truly Smart IoT-connected Dash Cam appeared first on IoT Business News.